Android push notifications can be sent using Google Cloud Messaging. This guide will help you set up an API key for push notifications.
To send push notifications using Connect, you will need a Public API access.
To create a public API access key
- Go to Google Developers Console and click on your project.
- Open the API console.
- In the projects list, select a project, or create a new one.
- From the left-side menu, select APIs and services.
- On the left side of the APIs and services page, choose Credentials.
- Click Create credentials, then select API key.
- From here, you have the option to further restrict the key. Details on how to restrict the key can be found in Google's article on Best practices for securely using API Keys.
- Click Save.
- Select and copy the generated key.
- Click Enable API.
- In Connect, click the Settings icon () in the left-side navigation, then click Settings > Providers.
- On the Providers page, click Add New Provider.
- Select Push Notifications, then GCM.
- Paste in your key and you're done!