- Introduction: Getting started with Connect
- Lesson 1: The CSV import path
- Lesson 2: The API integration path
- Lesson 3: Common use cases for Connect
Once you’ve built the campaign you want to send to your production users, you are ready to send your first broadcast to real users.
When you sent your test message, as described in Sending a test message, you clicked Test send: Development. There are two other options for production campaigns:
Dry run: Production: A dry run performs a scan of every user on your production environment. Once it is complete, you will receive an email notifying you that the process is complete. You will then find a CSV export option in the top right corner of your campaign’s management page:
This CSV shows you every user in your production environment who will receive a message from this campaign, who will not be messaged, and the reasons why.
It is always a good idea to perform a dry run before launching the production version of your campaign. This ensures you are messaging the intended audience and not accidentally messaging users who do not benefit from this campaign’s message content.
Final send: Production: The Final Send button is how you send your message to all users in your production environment who qualify to receive this message.
Click this button, and you are presented with two options:
- Click Send now to send a message is sent to every user who passed filters. Note: Messages are sent immediately - there’s no undo option!
- Click Schedule for later to schedule the broadcast to your users at some point in the future. If you schedule a broadcast, you will have the option to reschedule/cancel it prior to the time you choose.