This Getting Started Guide covers the following topics:
- Introduction: Getting started with Connect
- Lesson 1: The CSV import path
- Lesson 2: The API integration path
- Lesson 3: Common use cases for Connect
Campaign building involves the following tasks, which we'll walk you through here:
Creating the new campaign
Now that data is being sent from your development app to your Connect account, it’s time to build your first campaign.
- Log in to Connect.
- Click the Create campaign button in the top-left corner of your
- Click Trigger-based:
- Enter a name for the campaign, and select a folder. Click I’ll do this
later to skip the goals section:
Who should receive this message?
Select a channel for this variant
- Track what your users do after they get a message
Since this is a test campaign, we recommend using the sample below or a similarly simple campaign for testing before jumping into complex use cases. Let’s go into each section of a campaign so that we can save a draft.
Determining the campaign audience
The first section of the campaign creation editor page is Who should receive this message?
Step one in this section is to choose a campaign trigger event. Anytime a user triggers the specified event, it will initiate the workflow for this campaign. The workflow will go through each step from top to bottom in this section. For this test campaign, try something simple like the following:
If you would like more details on what each step in the workflow is used for, you can refer to our trigger-based campaign guide.
Creating the campaign message and A/B testing
Now that we determined our audience in the previous section, it is time to build the message we want to send to these users. For this example, we are going to stick to email (refer to our Channels docs for other messaging channels).
- Click the Email button and select Use editor tool. Here you can drag structures into the message body, and then drag message content into each structure:
- Once you’re finished, click the Save button and wait until ✓Saved! appears next to the button.
- Click the Close button. Your finished email should look like the following:
For this campaign we will not setup a A/B test. To learn more about A/B testing, you can click here.
Creating campaign goals
You can use any event from your account as a goal. For this example, we can use the completed profile event as our goal, since that is what we’re trying to get users to do after they sign up (in this example):
Now that we have gone through all three sections, click the Save draft & Preview button. If there are any difficulties saving, please check that you are not missing any required fields, like an email subject or a value for a filter.